St. Tammany Parish
From the Native Americans who once hunted and built mounds along the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain to the growing shipyard and lumber industries at the turn of the 20th century, St. Tammany boasts a long history and rich culture.
Our St. Tammany Parish Partners
Slidell Memorial Hospital
Celebrating its 50th anniversary of serving the community in 2009, Slidell Memorial Hospital is proud to be named a "Best Place to Work" by New Orleans City Business magazine, which recognizes our commitment to compassionate care and a patient-centered culture.
We are driven by a shared mission: To improve the quality of life in our community.
As a 229-bed acute care community hospital located in the heart of Slidell, La., we provide access to the latest treatments and technology and expert physicians:
- We are currently expanding our Emergency Room and Cardiac Care to meet the needs of St. Tammany's growing population. This expansion will bring 29 new emergency beds and 38 specialized cardiac rooms.
- Our Regional Cancer Center, the only facility of its kind in East St. Tammany, is designed to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate our patients in one convenient, state-of-the-art facility. SMH is one of the only hospitals on the Northshore with the Varian High Dose Brachytherapy radiation system, 4D CT Treatment Planning simulator, and a new Multidisciplinary Clinic that offers a head and neck cancer surgical specialists.
- Our cardiac care units offer the most advanced technology available, including the Arctic Sun therapeutic hypothermia system that can prevent irreversible brain damage, and minimally invasive laser ablation that treats peripheral artery disease with a much quicker procedure than traditional bypass surgery.
- Our orthopedic specialists are among only a handful in the region to offer anterior hip replacement surgery using a new state-of-the-art hanaTMHip and Knee Arthroplasty Table, one of just 100 in use across the country.
- Our Outpatient Rehabilitation therapists are certified in LSVT-BIG treatment, a new technique that treats patients with Parkinson's disease or other neurological disorders.
To learn more about St. Tammany Parish and find local resources, please visit stpgov.org
Last September, LiveWell Louisiana launched a movement to help Louisianans learn how to eat healthy and get fit.